If you’ve avoided online dating because you think it’s for the younger crowd then you’re doing yourself—and any potential suitors—a great disservice. The truth is that 50 plus women looking for men to date online can open themselves up to all kinds of great men that are looking for love.
In today’s world of internet dating it is getting a whole lot easier to weed out guys who don’t meet your expectations when it comes to dating. No longer is it required to go to the smelly and smokey bars and clubs strutting your stuff to try and find the right guy for you.
Online dating has become the market of choice for all women of all ages and now especially women in their senior years to be able to choose a mate similar to choosing a car. Browse the lot looking for the right one and take it for a test drive. If you’re not happy then go back to the lot or another lot and start over.
Why Online Dating Is Great for 50 Plus Women
An increase in divorce in couples over 50 has made the dating pool in this age group bigger than ever before, making the selection of men to choose from better than ever. And with online dating quickly becoming the most common way to meet new people; your chances of finding someone this way is also better than ever.
Online dating really does make it easy to find men, and if you’ve been divorced or widowed, you’re bound to appreciate the ease and convenience that dating this way offers. What convenience, you ask? Let’s list a few:
- Being able to browse potential dates from the comfort of your own home.
- Dating at your own pace since you choose who to contact and when, or if to reply to those that contact you.
- Dating on your own schedule, which in this busy day and age is pretty important.
Other Perks of Online Dating for Women Over 50
You’re not a kid anymore and the games that might once have seemed exciting no longer hold the same allure. Who has the patience or the time for games? Online dating lets you take charge of your love life and date on your own terms. You no longer need to endure evenings at the bar in the off chance that a decent man comes along, and you also no longer have to tolerate the immaturity and crassness of younger guys looking for a good time and hoping that you’re the proverbial “cougar”. Online dating lets you take the time to say what you want about yourself in your profile for a great first impression and share it with men who have similar interests, as well as the character and physical attributes that you’re attracted to.
When you use an online dating site, you are able to narrow your search to weed out the men who are unlikely to be a good fit. You can do this by using dating sites geared for people over 50 and by choosing the preference categories that appeal to you as far as age, build, location, and even type of relationship go. These features, along with compatibility quizzes and questionnaires offered by many dating sites, help you narrow your selection down to men that are more likely to want what you want and have the qualities that you’re looking for. Now, this doesn’t guarantee amazing chemistry or that every man you meet is going to shake you to your very core—they can’t all be core shakers! It does, however, go a long way in helping you avoid the kind of really bad dates that may have made you dread dating again.
Another perk of 50 plus women looking for men to date online is that it helps you become a better dater in every sense. Every time you chat with a man online, it helps to build your confidence, which goes a long way in making dating fun AND attracting men, since we all know that confidence is incredibly sexy. This kind of no-pressure dating lets you move at a pace that works for you and help build your dating skills. Practice makes perfect and online dating lets you practice to your heart’s content!
A Few Pointers for 50 Plus Women Looking For Men to Date Online
Make the most of this chapter in your life and the online dating with the following pointers:
- Step out of your comfort zone and enjoy it. This means being open to meeting new people who may not be what you’re used to. You just may be surprised at what you find!
- Keep an open mind. Bad relationships, loss of a spouse, and years of bad experiences can make you a little cynical and quick to judge. Don’t let those things blind you to a potentially great man.
- Own your profile. This is your chance to put yourself out there in the light that you want others to see you in. Choose a great photo and have fun with your profile. Be confident in all you say and do and you’ll attract better quality men.
- Have fun. If nothing else, online dating should—dating in general—should be a fun and exciting experience.
The Pink Elephant in the Room
You’re over 50. That’s the big pink elephant in the room—or so you worry.
Let’s set you straight right now in regard to your concerns about your age. For starters, you can’t change it, so why not embrace it instead of worrying about it? Also, you’re not alone in your concerns about your age and many women wonder if they’re too old for online dating or dating in general, along with worrying about things like competing with younger women or not finding anyone because men prefer younger women.
Here’s the deal about age: It’s only as big a deal as you make it.
The more you stress about it and try to look or act younger, the more you impede your chances of finding love or even just enjoying what can and should be a fun and exciting time in your life. Yes, you’re over 50, but that isn’t what will prevent you from finding someone—you’ll do that all by yourself if you let your age or any other insecurity get the better of you.
Remember the following when it comes to dating:
- Trying to look or act younger than you are only makes you the way you so desperately are trying not to: old and desperate. Be your best self by not letting your age or anything else get in your way and working with what you’ve got and what you are instead of trying to hide it.
- Dressing overtly sexy is anything but sexy. Keep it classy.
- If a man rejects you because of your age, don’t take it personally; we’re all entitled to our preferences when it comes to those we date. Being rejected because you’re older than he prefers is really no different than being rejected because you’re a blond and he prefers brunettes. There are plenty of men who’ll prefer a woman your age so stop worrying about those that don’t.
- step outside your comfort zone and start looking at other cultures besides your own to see if he is hanging out there.
Just because you belong to the 50 Plus Women Looking For Men to Date Online club doesn’t mean it has to be a scary or hopeless situation. Take action and get out there in the internet world and start visiting online dating sites looking for the right fit for you.
If you have a fear of trying online dating or need help learning the right way to use online dating sites than make sure to sign up for our complimentary eBook “Online Dating For Women Over 50” where you will learn everything you need to know to get you starting kicking tires. Give it a try and we promise you won’t be disappointed!
Why Not Engage With Us While You’re Here!
Please use our social media buttons below to share this article with the world wide web and leave a comment in our comments section telling us whether you agree, disagree or have something to offer that compliments the article. Thanks for your engagement.
Also don’t forget to sign-up and receive your free eBook.
Inside this eBook you'll learn:
- The 14 things you need to do to make him fall in love
- Why love scares men and how you can make him more comfortable being in a relationship
- Exactly how to transition from girlfriend to fiance (without scaring him away)
- How to speak his language so that he REALLY listens and understands you
- Win over his friends and family - the key to his adoration