If you want to know how to flirt with a guy over text, then you will need to identify a couple of things first. Like have you met in person yet? Trying to flirt with a guy over text will be a little more difficult if you haven’t met each other yet.
If you have met previously, did it go well? Did he seem genuinely interested or attracted to you? If not, then it will be an uphill climb to get him to respond to your flirts. If you only caught each other’s eye at some event or outing where you were able to find out who he is and how to contact him, then you will have to be careful in how you text him the first time.
If however, you’ve met a guy who you believe to be interested in you then keep reading as this article will be based on flirting with a guy over text after a mutual interest has occurred. Ideally, he will have already exchanged phone numbers or social media information with you or passed it along to some of your friends intended for you.
So you met a guy who you can’t stop thinking about but for whatever reason you can’t always see him when you like. What’s a poor girl to do? Well one of the most popular forms of connecting with friends these days is through texting. Another popular thing to do is “Flirtexting” and is quite common on apps like Tinder or Hinge.
You may find yourself asking how to flirt with a guy over text without him thinking he has you hook, line and sinker. Surely there is a way to come across as flirtatious while enticing him to be flirtatious back to you.
Well, you will be happy to learn that by keeping a genuinely interested man on the edge and not letting him think you are hung up on him, he will keep flirting with you until he feels comfortable that both of you are on the same page.
Also always be yourself so that when you do get together and go on a real date he will not be surprised to learn that you are who you said you are. Trying to be someone your not will cause more headaches than you need when wanting to figure out how to flirt with a guy over text.
On that note, we’ve put together a list of flirtexting dos and don’ts for you to help your quest in figuring out how to flirt with a guy over text that you just met or know through an acquaintance and would like to meet.
- Be yourself and not someone who you think he wants you to be based on the flow of the texting. Remember that if the text flirting works out you will eventually meet him face to face so you want him to know the real you not a fake you.
- Try to be a little creative in your texting like using the winky smiley after your text.
- Start off with something like “hi this is so and so, we met the other day and I sensed a mutual attraction, so I thought I’d see if you would like to get to know each other better?”
- It’s better to keep it simple and direct to start and after the connection more than one text is okay.
- When sending more than one text, make sure they are related in some way and sent within a few seconds or minutes of each other.
- After attending an event together it is okay to text something funny or memorable the day after to keep the memory fresh in his head.
- Always be exuberant and confident in your texts as being negative or dull will undoubtedly kill the purpose of your textflirt.
- Make sure you ask him how his day is going and if he had a good night. This shows you are thinking of him and care about his life.
- If a meet up has been planned, let him know you are excited about it and looking forward to the occasion.
- If for whatever reason you cannot make an appointment or date etc apologise and cancel immediately with another date/time to reschedule.
- If you had a good time on the date or if the textflirting was fun then let him know this in a sincere way and not like you’re blowing smoke up his…
- Whatever you do, don’t over text. Allow him to text just as much as you do.
- If he is only giving you one word texts, don’t let it get to you and try to coerce more engagement out of him by using jokes or topics you know he is interested in.
- Don’t try to over analyze everything he says or wonder why he isn’t showing more interest or keeping texts short. After all this is only a text and you cannot determine his tone or attitude accurately from a text message no matter what anyone tells you.
- Don’t flirt text with bad grammar or spelling mistakes as this will make you look like a young woman with no experience. Abbreviations are okay as long as they aren’t overused.
- Never send compromising images of yourself over a text. You can’t possibly know where they will end up regardless of how much you think you can trust him.
- Don’t be sarcastic via text flirting as he will be unable to see your face to view the emotion in your eyes. It is impossible to understand sarcasm without seeing someone’s face to help drive the sarcasm home.
- Don’t send rants via text, which is the quickest way to chase him away. He doesn’t care about anything but the moment and whether you are the girl for him.
- Don’t send text flirts when you are drunk as you will more times than not regret it. Texting while under the influence is different than text flirting while drunk.
To Sum it up…
Text flirting with a guy is much easier after you have been introduced to him or met briefly. This way he has seen you and has an impression of you engrained in his mind. This is not to say that you can’t flirt with a guy over text if you haven’t been formally introduced or met before. It just means that you have to be extra careful and clever in your approach.
You can never go wrong with the humour approach when learning how to flirt with a guy over text. If you already know the guy, you can play on things you know about him that he will enjoy or find amusing.
If all else fails, try being up front about your feelings and ask him to meet you somewhere that you know he will like and flirt the old fashion way. You cannot beat a face to face meet and greet to see his emotions and reactions to your flirtatious demeanor.
Please leave some comments below on what you think of this article and also don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and get your free eBook!
Why Not Engage With Us While You’re Here!
Please use our social media buttons below to share this article with the world wide web and leave a comment in our comments section telling us whether you agree, disagree or have something to offer that compliments the article. Thanks for your engagement.